Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms set out the basis upon which you may use this website, information about the copyright in this, our Online ticketing terms and conditions, and our In-person ticketing terms and conditions.
- The purpose of this website is to provide information on The Big Bike Film Night (BBFN) and collections in general.
- The BBFN is not responsible if you rely on any information you access on or through this website. The BBFN is also not responsible for information provided by third parties that you may access on or through this website.
- We do not warrant or represent that our website will operate in a continuous or fault-free basis, will be completely secure or private all of the time, or will be free from viruses or other harmful features. However, we do take reasonable steps to avoid or mitigate these types of issues.
- The laws of New Zealand apply to the use of this website, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand.
- If you continue to use our website you are deemed to have accepted these terms.
- The BBFN either owns the copyright in or has the right to use all text and images published on this website, and its overall design.
- You may download and print out any part of this website for your own personal use. However, you may not otherwise copy or use any information or material from this website (including for commercial purposes) without the express written permission of The BBFN.
- We only permit electronic links to pages of this website from which these terms can be accessed. You may not provide an electronic link to any other page of this website or to any other documents hosted on this website without our consent. We reserve the right to request that you remove an electronic link to this website at any time and you agree to remove such a link immediately.
- Where access to restricted parts of this website is subject to more specific terms, those terms apply instead.
THE BIG BIKE FILM NIGHT ONLINE
The following Terms and Conditions form the basis upon which you agree to use the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service and purchase our curated collection/ product. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. By using the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service you indicate that you accept these Terms and Conditions and that you agree to abide by them. If you have any concerns about material that is available through the operation of the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for supporting the Big Bike Film Night.
1. LEGAL AGREEMENT
These Terms and Conditions represent a legally binding agreement between you and Film Pedlars International Ltd (“Us” or “We”).
2. THE BIG BIKE FILM NIGHT DIGITAL ONLINE SERVICE
Film Pedlars International Ltd is the provider of the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service which permits you to purchase and stream our collections (products) for your personal use in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By creating a User Account and/or making a purchase through the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions.
3. USE OF THE BIG BIKE FILM NIGHT DIGITAL ONLINE SERVICE
Age: The Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service is available for individuals aged 18 years or older.
Territory: The Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service is available only in New Zealand and Australia. You agree to not use or attempt to use The Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service from outside these territories. We may use geo-filtering / geo-blocking technologies to verify your compliance and prevent access outside these territories.
Access: You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service including ensuring you employ technology capable of utilising the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service and receiving digital information to be made available via the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Your responsibility: You agree to meeting the requirements of use of the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service as set out in these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions. If we do so, then prior to any subsequent purchase of any BBFN Product, you will be asked to confirm your agreement to these Terms as a condition of your ongoing use of the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service .
Devices: You can only watch one device streaming a BBFN Product at a time. If there is more than one device streaming the first device will stop streaming.
4. TECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENTS
Requirements: Use of the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service requires Compatible Devices, certain software and internet access. Use of the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service may be affected by the performance of these factors and we may change these requirements from time to time. We will use reasonable endeavours to give you notice of any changes.
Compatible Devices and software: The Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service requires an internet enabled:
• PC/Mac (the latest version of a compatible browser); and/or • Mobile devices (using both iOS and Android)
You acknowledge that the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service may not work on all Compatible Devices set out above, particularly older devices, browsers and/or operating systems. You are responsible for ensuring that you are able to access the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service through a Compatible Device and have the appropriate version of your browser, appropriate software and operating systems. Some browser add ons such as ‘Ad Blocker’ can interfere with the streaming of the BBFN product and should be disabled. Big Bike Film Night Digital Online will not work on older computers with analogue outputs such as VGA.
The Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service Applications: The Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service may require you to install and use certain software applications. These applications may be required for certain The Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service transactions or features and/or to stream or view BBFN Digital Products (including those previously purchased or acquired from the The Big Bike Film Night Digital Online Service). Those applications will be subject to terms and conditions of use, which you must accept prior to installation and are to be read in conjunction with these Terms and Conditions.
Broadband: High-speed internet access is strongly recommended. The Big Bike Film Night Digital Online will not function as intended (or at all) at dial-up speed.
5. PURCHASE AND PAYMENT
To purchase: BBFN product (a curated collection) are provided through the The Big Bike Film Night Digital Online Service. To use the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service you must:
• become a User and purchase a BBFN Digital Product; and
• agree to these Terms and Conditions.
Once you have become a User, you may purchase BBFN Digital Products. The purchase price will be indicated to you before you confirm your purchase.
Ticket prices include New Zealand GST.
Stripe Payment System:* Stripe manages and processes payment methods for purchase of BBFN Digital Products. When purchasing an BBFN Digital Product, you will need to enter your credit card details into the Stripe payment system before you are able to purchase the BBFN Digital Product. All payments via Stripe are processed using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol, where sensitive information is encrypted to protect your privacy.
Credit Card Fraud: If you suspect there has been a fraudulent credit card transaction recorded in respect of the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service you must contact Stripe directly to resolve your complaint. We will co-operate with Stripe and other third-party service providers to provide reasonable assistance in resolving any complaint.
Payment method: You consent to, and agree to abide by, the terms and conditions of the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service payment method delivered by Stripe. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself the terms and conditions of the Stripe payment method.
No liability: We accept no liability for any losses you may incur as a result of any breach of Stripe terms and conditions either by yourself or by Stripe and if you have any complaints regarding the payment process you need to raise these with Stripe directly.
6. BBFN DIGITAL USER ACCOUNTS
User: In order to use the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service you must become a User and hold a User Account.
User Accounts: Some important details about your User Account
• Don’t reveal your account information to anyone else;
• You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your User Account and for all activities that occur on or through your User Account;
• You agree to immediately notify us of any security breach of your User Account;
• We will not be responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of your User Account;
• If you create a User Account and/or use the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service on someone else’s behalf, you warrant that you have that person’s authority to do so. You also accept all liability and the consequences for any breaches of these Terms and Conditions resulting from any activity you conduct that is not authorised.
• You will not access or attempt to access a User Account that you are not authorized to access.
7. THE BIG BIKE FILM NIGHT DIGITAL ONLINE SERVICE– RENT
Process to rent: BBFN Digital Products are available for purchase to rent. The Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service makes BBFN Digital Products available on the following basis:
• To Users, logged in as a User;
• Upon successful payment for the BBFN Digital Product;
• To stream using a compatible web browser via the Website or on Compatible Devices using the applicable The Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service iOS or Android application; and
• Subject to the speed of your internet connection.
You will need to view your purchased BBFN Digital Product via the Website or you will need to install the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service iOS or Android application on that Compatible Device.
BBFN Digital Products are made available for your own personal, non-commercial use.
BBFN Digital Product (a curated collection) purchased to rent:
• BBFN Digital Product purchased as a rental will only be accessible for you to initiate viewing for the period indicated (24 hours from clicking on the link). Once viewing has been initiated, the Film Product will remain available to view for 24 hours;
• You may watch your rented BBFN Digital Product on any other Compatible Device even after you have initiated viewing as long as it is within the 24 hour period;
• You may view the rented BBFN Digital Product in part or in whole, an unlimited number of times once viewing as been initiated.
• You must have an active internet connection to view the BBFN Digital Product.
Accurate information: You agree to provide accurate and complete information when you become a User, and as you use, the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service and you agree to update such information to keep it accurate and complete.
9. SERVICE AND PRODUCT AVAILABILITY
Availability of The Big Bike Film Night Digital Online Service: We may modify, suspend, or discontinue the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service at any time with or without notice.
Availability of BBFN Digital Product: We may change, suspend, remove, or disable access to any BBFN Digital Product at any time without notice.
No liability: We will not be liable for any unavailability of the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online Service, or of any BBFN Digital Product, if you have breached any of these Terms and Conditions, and in all other cases our liability for any such unavailability will be limited to the current retail price on the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service for any BBFN Digital Product you have:
• paid for as a rental, but which has not been made available to you, as set out in clause 7; or .
10. RULES OF USE
Rules of Use: You shall use the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service and BBFN Digital Products strictly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Personal Use: You will be authorised to use BBFN Digital Products only for personal, non-commercial use. You may not make any BBFN Digital Product available for any commercial purpose, educational purpose or any other purpose not expressly authorised in these Terms and Conditions.
No tampering: You agree not to violate, circumvent, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise tamper with any of the security technology related to the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service for any reason, or to interfere with, remove or alter any digital rights management information on the BBFN Digital Products, or to attempt or assist another person to do so.
Harmful acts: You must not abuse or misuse the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service by attempting to compromise the service through technologically harmful means or material.
Unlawful use: You will not use the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service for any purpose which is unlawful, not authorised by, or otherwise conflicts with, these Terms and Conditions.
Right to monitor: Your use of the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service may be controlled and monitored by us for compliance purposes at any time.
11. AGE RESTRICTIONS
Age restrictions: Our BBFN Digital Products may be sold on an age restricted basis. It may be unlawful for you to knowingly purchase some NZ films if you don’t meet the minimum age requirement. In purchasing BBFN Digital Products we rely on your agreement that you are old enough to legally purchase the film (18 years and older). If we have reasonable grounds to believe you are not old enough then we may cancel your Usership.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Copyright: The Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service and BBFN Digital Products contain information and material that is owned by us and/or our licensors and/or service providers, and is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including those relating to copyright. We reserve for our self and such third parties all such rights in all jurisdictions throughout the World.
Copyright notices: You must not (and must not permit others to), authorise or assist any other person to remove or interfere with any copyright notices contained in any BBFN Digital Product.
Infringement: We take infringement of our copyright (or that of our licensors and service providers) seriously. You must:
• only use such information or materials owned by us and/or our licensors and/or service providers in the course of using the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service in compliance with these Terms and Conditions and not for any other purpose;
• not download, upload, copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, broadcast, modify, manipulate, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create any derivative works of, part or all of any BBFN Digital Product accessed via the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service (other than as expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions);
• not copy, reproduce, modify or manipulate any part of the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service nor rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service in any manner, and you shall not exploit the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service in any unauthorized way.
We reserve all rights and remedies available to us to prevent any infringement of intellectual property we or our licensors or service providers own that is comprised in the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online Services or BBFN Digital Products.
Other intellectual property: The Big Bike Film Night graphics, and logos used in connection with the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service are the intellectual property of Film Pedlars International Ltd. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service or with BBFN Digital Products may be the trademarks of their respective owners. You are granted no right or license with respect to any of these trademarks and any use of such trademarks.
Termination without notice: We may:
• terminate the agreement created between you and us pursuant to these Terms and Conditions; and/or
• suspend access to the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service (or any part thereof) or any BBFN Digital Product at any time without notice.
Provided you are not in breach of these Terms and Conditions we will:
• reimburse you for any BBFN Digital Product you have successfully paid to rent but that has not been made available to you in accordance with clause 7 at the time of termination or suspension; or
• reimburse the current retail price on the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service for any BBFN Digital Product you have successfully paid to own and is no longer available to you due to the termination or suspension of the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service or BBFN Digital Product within 3 months of your purchase.
Restricted Access: We will not be liable for any reason if the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may, without notice, restrict access to some parts of the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service or to BBFN Digital Products.
User: We have the right to disable any User at any time, if we reasonably believe you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
Your right to terminate: You may cease to use the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service at any time. It is quick and easy to cancel your User Account. Simply login to your User Account and click on the “Account Settings” tab. Click the “Cancel my account” link then confirm the cancellation by clicking “OK”.
Own risk: Your use of the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service is at your own risk.
Availability: We do not guarantee, represent or warrant the uninterrupted or error-free use of the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service and shall not be liable for any loss arising from such events including but not limited to loss, corruption, attack, viruses, interference, hacking, or other security intrusion or any other factors beyond our reasonable control and/or our licensors’ and/or our service providers’ reasonable control, including but not limited to the nature of your Compatible Device or internet connection.
No warranties: The Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service and BBFN Digital Products are provided by us without warranties or guarantees of any kind, other than the statutory protection afforded to you under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (in New Zealand) as set out below.
Consumer Protection: You may in certain circumstances be entitled to the protection of statutory guarantees under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 in respect of the provision of any goods and services by us relating to the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service or any BBFN Digital Product. We respect the rights afforded by the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and any valid claims under this enactment will be handled by us in accordance with this enactment.
15. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Consumer Guarantees: Our liability shall be limited as set out in clauses 9 and 16 of these Terms and Conditions and otherwise to the amount of any liability that may arise under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (for claims in New Zealand) and the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (for claims in Australia) solely in respect of the failure to comply with any guarantee under those enactments relating to our supply of goods or services relating to the The Big Bike Film Night Digital Online Services or any BBFN Digital Product.
General Limitation: We expressly exclude any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damages incurred by any user in connection with the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the The Big Bike Film Night Digital Online Service.
16. WAIVER AND INDEMNITY
Indemnity: You agree to indemnify and hold us, our officers, employees, affiliates, and licensors harmless with respect to any claims arising out of your breach of these Terms and Conditions and your use of the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online Service.
Action to recover amounts owing: We reserve the right to take any action we believe necessary to recover any sums you owe us. You agree that, in such circumstances, you will be liable for all costs and expenses incurred by us including, but not limited to, legal fees, collection fees, arbitration costs and court costs.
17. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Changes: We may, in our sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this web page. Your ongoing use of the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service will be subject to your acceptance of any such modification or revision.
The dates you can view the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service is November 15 to December 11 only.
Once you have booked your Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service you will have from November 15 to December 11 to watch on 1 device.
Entire Agreement: These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us regarding the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions.
Partial Invalidity: If any part of these Terms and Conditions are held invalid or unenforceable the remaining parts of these Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
Waiver: Our failure to enforce any right or provisions under these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of such provision or any other provision.
Force Majeure: We will not be responsible for failure to fulfil any obligation due to causes beyond our reasonable control.
Jurisdiction: These Terms and Conditions and your use of the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service and BBFN Digital Products are governed by the laws of New Zealand. You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any claim or dispute with us relating in any way to your use of the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service resides in the courts of New Zealand.
Notices: We may notify you with respect to the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service by sending an email message to your User email address. Notices shall become effective immediately when issued by us.
19. DEFINITIONS USED IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
COMPATIBLE DEVICES means a device compatible with the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online service as listed in these Terms and Conditions; USER means a person that has completed the requisite information and accepted Usership of the BIG BIKE FILM NIGHT DIGITAL ONLINE SERVICE and USER has a corresponding meaning;
USER ACCOUNT means an account held by a User with us for the purposes of purchasing BBFN Digital Product through the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online Service;
We or Us means the Film Pedlars Ltd, a registered company in New Zealand.
BBFN DIGITAL PRODUCT means any film or other product or content provided through the Big Bike Film Night Digital Online Service;
THE BIG BIKE FILM NIGHT DIGITAL ONLINE SERVICE means the video-on-demand service provided by us and/or by our third party service providers on behalf of us and includes but is not limited to any associated software applications necessary to provide that service.
WEBSITE means the The Big Bike Film Night Digital Online website at https://thebigbikefilmnight.uscreen.io/
THE BIG BIKE FILM NIGHT Ticket Purchase – IN-PERSON
Tickets for The Big Bike Film Night (BBFN) screenings across New Zealand and Australia are through relevant 3rd party ticketing agencies, venues and cinemas. To ensure you are purchasing genuine tickets, please purchase via the BBFN website. The BBFN cannot guarantee your tickets will be valid if you purchase through any other channels.
By purchasing tickets to BBFN screenings you also agree to abide by the terms and conditions applicable to, and set out by, the relevant ticketing agency/venue/cinema.
Ticket prices include GST.
Ticket prices include booking fees. Booking fees at all other locations vary and relevant information will be available when tickets are on sale.
All tickets are subject to availability. They are restricted by offer dates and the number of seats available.
1. REFUND POLICY
2022 COVID-19 Policy – if you are feeling unwell, please get in contact and we will either refund your tickets, or if available move your tickets to another screening in the future.
All prices are in New Zealand Dollars for New Zealand screenings, and in Australian Dollars for Australian screenings.
2. CANCELLATION POLICY
If the BBFN cancels any or all screenings, it will refund all pre-sold tickets in full.
Information on this website is correct at the time of publication. The BBFN reserves the right to alter, without notice, any events, programmes or screenings.
The Big Bike Film Night reserves the right to review and update these terms and conditions.