Big Bike Film Night – Australia
Update (24 March 2023)
Our tour is getting closer to being finalised, to the left is our screening information (tickets to go live Monday 1st May).
If you want us to keep you up to date on information about our tour for 2023, join our e-newsletter service – Join here
COMMENTS FROM 2023 ATTENDEES
- ”The BBFN is always a wonderful, eclectic, wacky mix of films and I love it.”
- Anyone into bikes will love these events. However even those not into bikes will also love them – the inspirational stories of different people who are overcoming obstacles and life challenges is so inspiring and uplifting – bikes just happen to be the vehicle (literally and figuratively) that gives people freedom and the ability to find meaning, adventure, joy, and fulfillment. More people should attend these events, they are always brilliant – 11/10!!
- That was an amazing night!! A wonderful collection this year, inspiring, funny, thrilling, and often very moving…
- 5 stars Very cool event showcasing a great diversity of bike-related adventure and history from all around the world.
- These short movies are a highlight I look forward to every year, so awesome!!!!! Just do it!!!!
Listen to the voice inside you; it’s telling you to go.
Our 2023 treasure chest of films includes a delightful young Australian bikepacker’s learnings from completing a scenic trip to Hell; a visually commanding film set in postcard Tuscany following a 74-year old bicicletta rider whose spirit personifies cycling; a team who have spent five years formualting a dream…and only one way to get it- via packraft and mountain bike, on a pursuit of a first descent on the gnarly lines of Dillon Cone in the rugged coastal Kaikoura ranges in New Zealand; two schools share their insights into how they promote active transport within their school community; a tale of a rider with a searing thirst for adventure, exploring interior Iceland; putting the ‘mountain’ into mountain biking – a Scottish highland rider’s eyes are opened to the healing power of the bicycle; an uplifting film that celebrates a humble volunteer whose community spirit is inspiring and so are the majestic winter views of the trail where he lives in rural heartland Central Otago; a moving movie that follows a family that chooses to live life to the fullest in the face of adversity; and rounding out the night, find out what happens when you combine an ultra-distance 320 km gravel race and parenting together over a 24-hour period (which is tougher?); ALL in the mix!
AUSTRALIA 2023 SCREENINGS (in order by State)
|Location||Date and time||Connect||Book|
Coming Soon !!!